Raymond G. Schantz, 2nd Generation Owner

Ray helped his father Socrates through the original proto-type stages of the retractable wheel system by doing a majority of the welding and fabrication.

Ray’s brother John joined the team in 1956 and helped with fabrication while Ray served in the military from 1958 through 1960.

Ray would often group his military leaves together so he could come home to help with trailer fabrication for up to 6 weeks at a time.

In 1961 Ray decided to exhibit trailers at the companies first trade show at the Sherman house in Chicago IL and in 1973 on to the IISF in Gibsonton Florida where they have exhibited ever since.

During the 60’s and 70’s Ray helped design and engineer many of the features that forged the concession trailer terminology the industry uses today. Some of these features are: cresting style awnings, retractable hitch and wheels, roof mounted ice makers, air screens and many more.

In 1982 to 1983 Ray guided the company through some of the worst economic times in US history by adding many other types of trailers, such as: utility, car hauler, flat bed, and virtually everything in between. He also managed to buy out his brother John and went on to expand the business about every 10 years since.